Restoration of pair of original Charles Eames chairs with ottomans
Restoration services for this item include:
Scope of works:
Full Restoration (Gold Service)
1. A pair of original Charles Eames armchairs with matching ottomans
2. Full removal all existing lacquer, stain or oil that is present on each area of timber (excluding areas that are not visible e.g underneath the cushions or areas underneath that are not visible at eye level). This includes all timber facing sides and trimming (sides and trim around the edges) and legs (chrome or aluminium will be hand polished with cream and light steel wool to remove any rust, grime or dirt.
4. Finish - 2 coats of osmo satin clear..natural timbers of teak will show. This may include different timbers or course between legs, trimming and veneer but roughly a golden brown colour throughout
5. Leather restoration - full leather restoration, new leather, new buttons (to same size - maybe flat buttons not curved), and piping edging as original design (excludes new backing plate and zips will reuse as required)
6. Pickup and delivery of items to all parties (note some work maybe outsourced to our primary supplier for example leather restoration or new upholstery of leather (or combination)
7. New padding on all areas (headrest, back, bum arms, ottomans), the all seating will be using duck down and crushed foam mix (this is what they currently use for a puffier look or new foam all together), the paddle arms will be using foam as required to shape.
Out of scope:
5. Structural work e.g frame or legs are loose, not working or damaged. Full inspection will be carried out when picking up the table to ensure that structural joints, etc is in tact.
6. Any other areas that is not visible eg underneath cushions or frame
Time to complete & deliver:
- best case 2 weeks
- worst case 8 weeks
- most likely 6 weeks
Refer to pricing
25% up front 75% delivery
Browser our Furniture Restoration services.